It takes Honor and Courage to live a Life worthy of Freedom. Freedom awards us Grace and Mercy at all times. We have the Power to Succeed and Attract everything we Seek. Life affords us the opportunity to be Inspired to our Greatest Potential. This is my Code of Honor. This is my Truth. This is my Life…and so this is my Courage each day…Free to be

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

South Kolkata

I am fortunate that I have my new family in South Kolkata. This part of the city is quite and comfortable. Well, as comfortable as can be in India. There is minimal traffic on my street. I did go 2 nights without dogs barking but last night they sat under my window and barked me to sleep ;-)
I got to run this morning at the lake 2 blocks away. It was beautiful, humid and people walking ,running, sitting and having tea, doing yoga, all kinds of kind, nice people to look at while running. I am happy.

Ishita, my newest bestest girl friend took me shopping last night so I could pick up a few things while my luggage is still being hunted down. I told her I didn't even have a bra. We went down this alley off the sidewalk to a booth where a man was selling bras. I said I was a 34a and he brings me this box that has 85 on it. I'm thinking I gained some weight but seriously, an 85? They use metric here (another thing to learn as well as the language). It was so bazaar, I couldn't see this scene in the USA to save my soul. I had a smile on my face and no one really understood why I was laughing. It was just another day in India where you buy your bra in an alley off the sidewalk.
Satyaki is working on my electrical problems. I have my converter in the missing luggage so it has taken 3 people to work out a solution. I have a temporary fix at the moment and hopefully tonight I will have my own converter. Another thing the insurance company will have to reimburse me for on the lost luggage situation.

I got word that the close on my home finally happened. I have no idea where the money is, but the transaction is complete. I have to call SBI to find out how much money was wired.

It's 80 degrees and people have sweaters on. It astonishes me that it is considered cool here. I'm not sweating like I was in August but it is very comfortable here.

I am happy. I am in a dream that has become reality. I am still floating on a cloud of mystery and I have no idea what each day will bring. It makes me love God so much words cannot tell. I feel wonderful as the unknown is unfolding in front of my eyes. Each task is a process of concentration and focus. I don't believe you can do anything here absent mindedly. Every step you take has to be looked at. The sidewalks are not even. The people are everywhere. The cars and buses and auto rickshaws are speeding down the road with no red lights to cross the streets. My awareness of the surroundings is overloaded right now. I know in a few months I will know the streets in the neighborhood and not have to focus as much. Of course, it will be time to go to China and go through the same process once again. I believe these experiences in my life at this time will make me a brighter, more intelligent and sensitive person.

In short - life is wonderful and I am grateful

Photobucket




No comments:

About Me

My photo
hmmmm...I'm a Southern Belle from Alabama, USA. Moved around alot and ended up on the other side of the world in India. My heart is blooming each moment in time. I feel God's love more with each breath. I sweetly surrender to my love. If you are interested in any of my paintings, drawings or photos, please let me know. I have a paypal account.

Search This Blog

Followers