It takes Honor and Courage to live a Life worthy of Freedom. Freedom awards us Grace and Mercy at all times. We have the Power to Succeed and Attract everything we Seek. Life affords us the opportunity to be Inspired to our Greatest Potential. This is my Code of Honor. This is my Truth. This is my Life…and so this is my Courage each day…Free to be

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Welcome 2010

We had a great time on New Years Eve. We went to Dakshin Kalikata Sansad where we had great food, drink and lots of dancing. Unfortunately my new camera didn't keep the pictures I took but there is one picture that made it to Face Book so I will share.

Photobucket

I got to bed at 3am and was very tired. I got up around 11am and went to the horse race with Sanjay and two of his friends, Ugene and Phuckpha. I told everyone I was going to win and I did. Every race I bet on I won. At the end of the day I won 800R which is about $17 but $17US is a lot of money here so it was very very good. When we left the horse race no taxi would take us where we wanted to go so we walked then ran to catch the tram which is a very old rail system on the streets of Kolkata. I was told in August not to go on these things but seeing how it was dark and everyone I was with was running to catch this thing I had no choice but to follow. I was pushed up so high my feet didn't touch the ground and was moved to the back of the tram. When we got off the tram started to move as I was getting off so I had to jump. Good grief, there is never a dull moment around here.

Photobucket
Sanjay

Photobucket
horse track with Victoria Memorial in back ground

Photobucket
Ugene

Photobucket
Sanjay and another guy I didn't get his name but he knew how to bet. He was a winner too.

Photobucket
Me and Phuckpah.

Photobucket
....and their off.....these horses were really fast!


The race lasted longer than I expected and I wasn't dressed correctly. I got chilled to the bone. I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat and coughing so I took it easy today in my guest room.

I finished my first module on my English as Secondary Class today. I am believing I will get an A+. Going back to school and studying after 30 years is somewhat challenging. I know the subject matter. I just can't seem to get into studying. I must work on my attitude and get in gear to complete the 2nd module in the next 2 weeks. This will prove to be interesting as I will be traveling to Manali.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice blog. Its good to know people from different country can really find bliss in another country.
But you know i wish to say something about your little friend in the Gym.See in western world they teenagers / young adults give cdes then they ask for date and subsequently kisses then one night stands or if they like each other they hang out for sometime till they break with heartache and wait again for the right kind of persons to come along. But may be its not so with many other people.. how to explain... lets say there is mongrel in your neighborhood and one day you pat the fellow then everyday he come to you with wagging his tail, even may be you don't give him food but still the poor fellow begs for your pat... why does it happens? I guess you also don't know the same. So you should not linearized, someone's feelings so vividly. And girl what was that, you wanted to say we are friends but you didn't do that as you felt sorry for his looks ... cmon man are you doin him a favour? Even if so why to show it to the world? Babe you say he is meek guy right? Then girl i guess you were not also neutral as so you sound, you must appreciated his cd with a smile, maybe at times turned around in the gym time wondering if he is looking to you or not...may be you might have given him a friendly hug sometime... see all those are cool and he might get those things wrong (well, if it actually happened in the first place) but you should have been careful as you sound pretty inert for this fellow. And angel, with all these why do you have to put the pic of his flowers man? If he ever bumps in to your blogs then he might think you are just using him to show to the world that you have 30 yrs young guy crazy about you.. giving flowers and all.. i dun know my twisted thoughts maybe. See man i don't think people should blog on feelings like these, its just making the man and his feelings ugly to the whole world... my view. And, I think you should keep him away from your blog cause if I were this poor guy and if I would have read the blog, then I would have been really afraid of your blogs and would ask you to stay away from me. No hard feelings girl .

Anonymous said...

And Debbie, I also felt you are spiritual person. And if you are looking for salvation in true sense then throwing money in streets of India or Africa wont help. See lot of people in their 40's and above donate a large amount of money for the poor of these country, see there is nothing wrong but I always feel they are doing it for the judgment day, balancing sins with good jobs.But I guess, you are looking for salvation and for salvation you have to get enlightened. See there is no heaven or hell, its all earth. The first life forms were formed from the non living things of this earth and so you are also a part of this earth (no spaceship dropped you in this planet) just like the apple in the apple tree is part of the tree. So when you die you go back to this earth in a different form, don't go far even your teardrops goes to the ocean or may be mountain tops... after being vaporized. So essence of human life is to understand the meaning of life and that's enlightenment or salvation, and after that helping others to become enlighten is also goal of our life. Enlightenment is not that heaven opening up and ray of light falling in you r face, well its an expression. Enlightenment is knowing who you are and when you know who you are you will see God. I guess in Hindu tradition there are yogas when practiced for long time you actually smell and taste God, no kidding it is true, its an unique experience, you might check more details with your friend out there. And coming back, you might say you know yourself but its may not be true, see knowing and understanding are two different facts. You understand smoking is bad but you don't know that,so you smoke but when a snake comes around, you ran away cause you understand and know it. A master is required to help it through the understanding process. But guess what when the student is ready master comes.
Let me share an interesting fact, once I killed a puppy with my car and I was so depressed and when I went back home I was served chicken, I enjoyed the chicken, then I realized, what the damn wrong with me, I took a life form and I was sad and now i am eating a life form and I am enjoying... I became vegetarian from that day, see I am not a great man but I had very very little sense of understanding who I am. I am after myself for last 4 years and i guess there are very very very small developments and I am now waiting for a master to come along. Help your self then only you will be to help others in true form.
And also get over the fact that your days are numbered. Take a look around you, all the people you see, they will die by 100 years of time. We are all dying.
Also I feel you are running after happiness all the time, no matter what, you want to be happy and you have to be happy. Hey happiness and sadness are the sides of the same coin. Sadness might hit you at any moment of time. God forbid what if your good friends in the city actually ditches you and leaves you broke? what will you do then? Be sad and run for Africa? But when you try to to understand who the person you are there will be lots of development on this issue. Trust me there will be.

About Me

My photo
hmmmm...I'm a Southern Belle from Alabama, USA. Moved around alot and ended up on the other side of the world in India. My heart is blooming each moment in time. I feel God's love more with each breath. I sweetly surrender to my love. If you are interested in any of my paintings, drawings or photos, please let me know. I have a paypal account.

Search This Blog

Followers