It takes Honor and Courage to live a Life worthy of Freedom. Freedom awards us Grace and Mercy at all times. We have the Power to Succeed and Attract everything we Seek. Life affords us the opportunity to be Inspired to our Greatest Potential. This is my Code of Honor. This is my Truth. This is my Life…and so this is my Courage each day…Free to be

Thursday, August 20, 2009

8/14/09 and 8/15/09 -

I have my dates messed up a bit...
8/14/09
Proverbs 14:31 He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.
Today was dance day @ school and we Americans got up and did the Macaraina, the kids loved it. Ate at Flurry's again, omelet and toast, yum yum. My pillow is so lumpy. Rocio said it was made of rat hair. I'll have trouble putting my head on it from now until she leaves when I take her pillow.
I just went out to buy the girls a little coin purse, soap, lotion and little painted card for each of them.
We're going out tonight to a club, should be interesting, after the club we'll go to Hookah bar. I need a nap.
Went to Fung Chu for Yoseph's last dinner. It was ok, too many fried things. After we went to Hookah bar and smoked plum and laughed and laughed. Arjun thew a water bottle on the floor to wake the owner of the shop up and she yelled some babble, it was funny. Then we went to a disco bar and had a drink. It wasn't crowded so we went upstairs to a rock bar that was stinky (beyond BO stinky) and the music was too loud so we went to a metro tech music bar. It was dead so we went to the Aqua bar outside and sat by the pool in a cabana having shots. The town closed early due to Independence Day. We got to the Y and had to ring the bell to get inside. I wished the guard "Happy New Year" everyone laughed at me, it's Independence Day.

8/15/09
I didn't want to get up this morning but I promised the little girls I would. I dressed in all white with an orange and green scarf to match the India flag. The girls were in their sarees and so cute dancing. Then the monsoon came, I'm in the slums wearing all white and the one time I could use the rainbow designed rain boots, of course I didn't have them so I rolled up my pants and walked ankle deep in the streets - yuck. I've seen people piss and shit around here, can't wait to get back to the Y to wash my feet and shoes.
Still raining a noon and I need coffee in the worst way. Finally at 2pm coffee!!! I came back and washed whites as best I could. My hand washing skills suck. I painted and made 5 little packs with paintings, card, bangle, soap, tea, lotion and a mint with the coin purse for the girls.
6:30pm - still raining. It's 82 outside and feels like 98. I'm getting soup and juice for dinner. The trip to the beach is 4k rupees around $80 to go on a boat ride, beach, A/C hotel and food. I'm going either next weekend or my last if a group is going. Please Lord, let this work out for me if it is Your will.
11:30pm - there was a good looking black man at JoJo's. He and I were the only ones in the place. Then 2 more black guys come in and they start talking to me and then all of them joined me at my table. They are from Africa and play soccer. I got all their names and numbers. They paid for my dinner, nice little surprise. Mara and Arjun said they would go to the beach with me, I'm excited. All and all it was a good day. I picked two giant grapefruits from the tree outside and ate them with Rocio, delicious!!! Fresh Fruit!!! Yeah

Photobucket
I put the camera on the grapefruit to show how big they are.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
hmmmm...I'm a Southern Belle from Alabama, USA. Moved around alot and ended up on the other side of the world in India. My heart is blooming each moment in time. I feel God's love more with each breath. I sweetly surrender to my love. If you are interested in any of my paintings, drawings or photos, please let me know. I have a paypal account.

Search This Blog

Followers