It takes Honor and Courage to live a Life worthy of Freedom. Freedom awards us Grace and Mercy at all times. We have the Power to Succeed and Attract everything we Seek. Life affords us the opportunity to be Inspired to our Greatest Potential. This is my Code of Honor. This is my Truth. This is my Life…and so this is my Courage each day…Free to be

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Orientation

8/3/09 3am - awake
4am - eat power bar
5am - get up and do yoga
6am - wait for the Y to turn water on so I can take a shower.
I've been showering in my clothes and washing them first as I strip, that way I don't have to set aside a time to do laundry. They dry over night and I'm ready to go. The thing that gets me confused is the lows are in the 80's and I get chilled at night. Strange.
My feet are still swollen and retaining water for some reason and it's uncomfortable. My sacrum is still sensitive. (I fractured it 2 weeks prior to the trip) When I sit or some times while walking it bothers me. Today I would like to be quiet. Let others start the conversation and LISTEN.
Each volunteer has their issue. Rocio has issues with smell, Mara has issues with horns, Arjun's family lives here - he's got issues with no gym to workout. Trevor - I'm not sure yet. He is staying at another place with A/C so I don't see him much. My issue is the toilets. I've seen women come out knowing they wiped water on their privates and didn't wash with soap afterwards. I don't know why I'm obsessing over taking a bowel moment and wipping my rear with water only. God please keep me healthy. Thank you Jesus. Amen.
Orientation today. The metro (underground) was very impressive. Clean and fast. I was expecting worse than NYC but was pleased. We went to South Kolkata to Global Ventures office. It was more pleasant than the central hub where we are staying. We met Jane and Alan. Jane works with slum women and they take 5 Saree's and stitch them into blankets. I want to share that when I get home and be a distributor. It's a beautiful concept.
We had the most delicious meal at Jane and Alan's. I was so happy to have a good meal. We took rickshaws on the way there after the metro. We hit a bump in the road and I slammed down on my sacrum and I'm in total pain now.
We went shopping. I bought a very nice shirt that they altered all for only $4.10. The prices are so low here. I would like to have more money to purchase some other items but I'm happy just to be here. We stopped for tea after - very cool place.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We all exercised when we got back to the Y for about 20 minutes. I'm going to a yoga class tomorrow morning at 5am in the park. (post note - didn't happen).

No comments:

About Me

My photo
hmmmm...I'm a Southern Belle from Alabama, USA. Moved around alot and ended up on the other side of the world in India. My heart is blooming each moment in time. I feel God's love more with each breath. I sweetly surrender to my love. If you are interested in any of my paintings, drawings or photos, please let me know. I have a paypal account.

Search This Blog

Followers